Repair Widespread Damage & Decay with Full-Mouth Reconstruction
In many cases, it can be challenging to find a dental care provider that your loved one with special needs can not only feel comfortable with but that can make accommodations. This can lead to extensive decay and damage that can be detrimental to their oral health. Full-mouth reconstruction may be the best treatment option to address an array of issues. First Impressions Family Dentistry serving patients in the Nashville, TN, area, can combine treatments such as dental crowns, root canal therapy, dental implants, fillings, and more in a strategic manner that is most beneficial to the patient. Dr. Mike Glasmeier has sought out formal training and has personal experience with his own children that allows him to be uniquely equipped to treat special needs patients.
What is Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
Full-mouth reconstruction is the combination of two or more restorative dentistry procedures to improve form and function. Depending on the particular concerns that need to be treated, we can plan provide procedures such as:
- Root Canal Therapy
- This procedure can be performed as an alternative to extraction by gently removing infected tissue.
- Dental Crowns
- We provide metal-free dental crowns which can repair damage or decay as well as replace missing teeth. Metal-free crowns are not only safer but provide improved aesthetics.
- Patients can receive partial or full dentures to replace their missing teeth. While full dentures can replace an entire arch, partial dentures are recommended when one or more natural teeth remain.
- Dental Bridges
- When several missing teeth are concentrated in one area, a dental bridge is typically the best method for replacement.
- Dental Implants
- Patients missing one or more teeth can benefit from securing their dental crowns, dentures, or bridges with dental implants. These posts are implanted into the jaw bone for a more durable, longer-lasting solution.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Provided in cases of minor decay or damage, tooth-colored fillings can repair the tooth's structure while blending with the rest of your smile.
Dr. Glasmeier can conduct an in-depth evaluation to determine the best course of action to care for your loved one.
Benefits of Full-Mouth Reconstruction
Undergoing full-mouth reconstruction offers many benefits to special needs patients including:
- Relief from painful conditions
- A more cohesive smile
- Improved speech and ability to eat
- Restored dental function
Not only can restorative procedures provide immediate improvement but also long-term advantages. By addressing the full scope of oral health concerns at once, these patients have a reduced risk for future complications.
Our Individualized Approach
By strategically planning consecutive treatments, we can tailor each procedure to the needs of your family member as efficiently as possible. We can complete complimentary procedures in a way that allows us to reduce the time required in treatment and ensure that they performed in the proper order.
We understand that dental visits can be intimidating to many patients. We have created a unique environment that promotes relaxation. Dr. Glasmeier can also provide sedation for a more comfortable experience that enables even nervous patients to feel more at ease.
We understand that dental visits can be intimidating to many patients so we have created a unique environment that promotes relaxation.
Each patient receives completely personalized service from interactions with our staff to the execution of procedures. Our entire team is dedicated to creating a positive experience. To best accommodate family members or friends, we will ask you to complete a questionnaire. We can also communicate directly with caretakers or therapists to ensure that their needs are met.
Compassionate Care You Can Trust
Special needs patients deserve access to high-quality dental care that is sensitive to their circumstances. You can trust First Impressions Family Dentistry to exceed your expectations. Contact us online to learn more about a customized full mouth-reconstruction plan.